Lizzie Armanto is the only woman with her name currently on a signature skateboarding shoe—but she didn’t set out to make a women’s skate shoe. Instead, she wanted to provide something else entirely for a wider range of skateboarders whose needs were not being met. So when we set out to create Lizzie’s first signature skateboarding shoe, we listened closely to her and what she needed to progress. The result is our most inclusive shoe to date. Lizzie wanted a shoe that represented her completely—from a slimmer fit tailored to her foot shape to a leaner outsole for a closer connection to her board and improved flexibility. The impact cushioning in typical skate shoes left Lizzie feeling like she was floating above her board, so Vans created a new lower profile footbed to eliminate the gap. The Lizzie also features a new vulcanized construction with a lower profile sidewall foxing tape, an exposed radiused outsole edge, and flex grooves for a stable, broken-in feel. Plus, the universal fit features the perfect amount of EcoCush™ cushioning, increasing boardfeel for a wider range of skaters. And to top it all off, a new 3D Embossed DURACAP™ toe and Sidestripe has even more durability in high-wear areas, while an all-new micro-waffle tread and Sick-Stick™ rubber offer maximum grip. Because Lizzie is also passionate about preserving our planet, her signature shoe received the Vans VR3 Checkerboard Globe designation, meaning it follows strict footwear material guidelines for all major components and has been designed and engineered to have a reduced carbon footprint compared to Vans’ canvas shoes.
Size Conversion: Add 1.5 to convert to women's sizes.
Ex Men' 4.5 = Women's 6
• COMPLETELY REDESIGNED UPPERS - Chrome-free suede offers more sustainable durability, while high organic-content textiles were used on the quarter-panel, tongue, and lining material. Plus, a flip-up heel pull helps pull the shoe on, with hidden Lizzie branding.
• UNRIVALED DURABILITY - A subtle 3D DURACAP™ Sidestripe under the quarter-panel and thicker DURACAP™ toecaps show through under the vamp for extra durability.
• UPGRADED IMPACT CUSHIONING - A brand new, lower-profile sockliner has been added per Lizzie’s request, using our new EcoCush™ foam, a 70% bio-based PU that offers comparable performance to PopCush™ for skateboarding.
• LOCKED-IN FIT - The new performance-fit last was taken directly from Lizzie’s input. The universal fit increases boardfeel and control for a wider range of skaters.
• LEGENDARY GRIP - A brand new bottom plate utilizing flex grooves, zonal waffle lugs for durability and support, and SickStick™ rubber has been paired with Lizzie’s favorite micro-waffle pattern for grip.
• UPDATED FOXING AND OUTSOLE DESIGN - The one-piece foxing provides flexibility, using high natural content SickStick™ rubber for durability and grip. The slightly rounded bottom edge of the outsole is exposed for that immediate broken-in feel.
• VR3 CERTIFIED - Made in part with organic cotton, natural rubber, and biobased foam, The Lizzie also utilizes suede across the entire shoe sourced from Leather Working Group (LWG) tanneries that have been rated gold or silver for environmental responsibility.
Sanction is a Canadian owned, skateboarder & snowboarder operated shop located in Toronto. We strive to carry the most relevant product & to provide the best customer service possible. any questions contact us.
Sign up for exclusive offers, events and a chance to win great prizes!