If you’ve been to Baldface Lodge in Nelson, British Columbia, then you know. If you haven’t, this once-in-a-lifetime Vans x Baldface limited-run boot is your ticket to finding out. Baldface is shred mecca, featuring a fully guided cat operation accessing 32,000 acres of untouched Kootenay powder. Founded in 1999 on the idea that the snowboard community needed an authentic, professional, and safe backcountry destination that they could call their own, Baldface has become the bucket list pilgrimage for those who stand sideways. Working directly with Baldface’s world-class team of guides, the objective of this very limited single season project was to build and outfit a boot that would perform while being adaptable to the many different terrain aspects of the region. From steep old-growth forests and open glades to sub-alpine bowls and pillow drops—the diverse terrain as understood by the guide team has helped to inform a completely new and unique offering from Vans. With features like ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene lace webbings and laces and a unique two-piece toe cap, this boot may be designed for riding at Baldface, but its high-octane construction is ready for wherever the winter takes you. Go SDF with confidence.
TERRAIN: BACKCOUNTRY AND ALL-MOUNTAIN – This boot has been optimized for versatility, from parks and powder to steep, deep, untouched terrain.
- V3 ULTRACUSH™ WITH THE NORTH FACE FLASHDRY LINER – Incorporating the North Face’s FlashDry technology, this liner has an UltraCush interior cushioning layer, extended Comfort Flex neoprene forefoot, and updated X-Cage for superior heel hold. It is finished with a dual-density, heat-moldable core and closed-seam microsuede cuff and tongue.
- V3 POPCUSH™ FOOTBED – From the tri-density POPCUSH construction to the OrthoLite open-cell foam top layer, the V3 footbed provides the kind of comfort and performance that only Vans can provide.
- V3 ULTIMATEWAFFLE™ OUTSOLE – The UltimateWaffle represents our most progressive thinking in outsole technology. Loaded with features, it is found only on our top-shelf product and offers the widest range of versatility. From stomping a big landing to side-hilling a hike (and even traction on your sled), you can count on the UltimateWaffle.
- V3 HARNESS - This advanced support harness delivers our highest level of support to the ankle and instep, keeping the V3 liner and boot shell locked in and connected.
- WATERPROOF ZIPPER SHROUD + D RING – This feature is a durable and weatherproof fabric shield that protects the lower part of your boot from snow, ice, and moisture. It also features a metal D-ring for securely fastening your pant gaiters to lock out snow.
- VANS FLEX CONTROL SYSTEM - Our removable, high-rebound Hytrel® tongue stiffeners enable riders to custom-tune their boot flex. Keep both in for maximum support, use just one for increased lateral or medial response, or take them both out for a softer-flexing boot. As your boots soften up over time, add the tongue stiffeners back in to extend the life of your boots.
- WATERPROOF, BREATHABLE VALVES - These waterproof valves allow one-way moisture management by transporting moisture away from your foot, ensuring breathability and thermal regulation for dry, comfortable feet.
- POWERCUFF STRAP – Power is the operative word. It provides extra support at the top of the boot for increased stability and response. Its configuration gives riders customizable levels of engagement and the option of wrapping the strap around the internal liner or the exterior tongue.
- HEAT RETENTION 360o – The newly improved thermal retention layer provides a 360° wrap of the toe box and between the outsole and the liner. This essential layer keeps heat in and cold out, ensuring all-day warmth and comfort.
- FLEX RATING – 5-8
- SKILL LEVEL – Intermediate, advanced