The Rodriguez "Skull & Sword" deck was the first pro signature deck graphic produced by Powell-Peralta. The graphic was conceived by Ray and Illustrated by V.C. Johnson with art direction from George Powell in 1979.
Initially released in two distinctly different shapes; a 10" x 30" "Widetail" version and a 10" x 28.5" "Snub Nose,” it came in "Brite-Lite" Dayglo yellow, orange, purple and green. In years to follow, it was made in various different colors and a Powell-Peralta logo was added. In 1983 Ray's signature was removed and replaced with a Powell-Peralta script logo. The graphic was also used for T-shirts and stickers.
Originally Released: 1979
Artwork by: Vernon Courtlandt Johnson
About Powell Peralta Patches:
- Powell Peralta embroidered patch
- 3.5" diameter
- iron-on backing
- Denim and cotton material provide the best base. Be careful of polyester.
- Put the item on a hard surface, like an ironing board. Iron it to create a nice, flat surface.
- Place the patch where you want it to be.
- Heat up the iron to it's hottest setting.
- Place a thin cloth over the patch. (This will protect the patch and any surrounding material).
- Place the iron over the patch and press down hard as possible for 15-30 seconds.
- Remove the iron and let patch cool.
- Check the patch by gently rubbing at the edge, trying to lift it. If it lifts, replace the thin material and iron again for 10- 15 seconds.
- To ensure a secure patch you can also sew around the edges.